Benefits Of On-Site Machining (OSM)
OSM provides the following benefits:
- Overcomes the impracticalities of removal of large items of plant from site, or where it would be otherwise inappropriate to remove plant or equipment from site.
- Overcomes the impracticalities of transporting plant or machinery to a workshop.
- Overcomes the problems of sourcing appropriate workshops with capacity to accommodate large items of plant.
- Reduces the downtime required for shutdown and maintenance as repairs or modifications can be carried out on site.
- Reduces costs.
- Minimizes interference with production.
- Provides skilled technicians who have an intimate knowledge of the requirements and needs of the customer and are able to provide the best or most appropriate cost effective solutions to problems.
- Reduces the requirements for manpower and mechanical handling.
Where Can On-Site Machining Be Used
Furmanite’s on-site machining service is geared to provide industry with fast, economical solutions to in-situ maintenance. From the smallest plant maintenance project to large-scale new build turnkey packages, Furmanite can help. Furmanite’s specialized equipment has the capacity to machine circular structures up to 30m in diameter, as well as turbine half joints and bedplates up to 12m square using laser controlled milling machines.
Furmanite’s standard and special application machines tools, designed and manufactured in-house to appropriate national and international standards, are ready to handle a wide range of challenges.
On-Site Machining can be used in virtually any environment and in the majority of situations at sites around the world, with safety of technicians and machines not being compromised. Any material may be machined, including exotics such as Nimonic steel.