Turbine half joint Leak Sealing
A challenging Leak Sealing problem
- The two halves of a turbine casing are held together by an array of studs and nuts and may then be considered as akin to a very large flange.
- Typically, there is no gasket and no raised face.
- The seal is formed by the intimate contact of the two half-joint faces which are machined flat to a very tight tolerance.
- This arrangement presents a challenging leak sealing problem
- There is nowhere to inject the compound
Furmanite however, do have a solution.