What do our Customers get?
Global Support and Experience
- Furmanite employs more than 500 Leak Sealing Technicians and more than 30 Engineers and Designers globally
- Furmanite operates a leak sealing service in more than 15 countries (and many more via licensees)
- Market leader in many of those countries
- Worldwide presence enables overseas support
- Major Engineering Centers in the United Kingdom and United States
- Experience is gained on a global basis and disseminated throughout the group
Furmanite’s Leadership in the Leak Sealing Industry is widely recognized:
- Key part of ASME Task Group Working on Post Construction Standard for Leak Sealing
- This work will form part of a future version of the ASME PCC-2 standard
- Invited to make presentations at conferences and seminars organized by learned bodies such:
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Institution of Chemical Engineers
Some of the process industries we service:
- Thermal, Hydro and Nuclear Power Generation
- Oil and Gas
- Iron and Steel
- Pulp and Paper
- Water / Gas Distribution
- Food Production
- Power Distribution
Leaks from pressurized process plant may:
- Waste energy
- Damage the environment (pollution)
- Create a hazard
- Flammable fluids
- Toxic fluids
- Poor visibility
- Excessive noise
- Damage the plant
- Joint Faces
- Valve Spindles
- Affect the structural integrity of the plant
Shutting down to repair leaks may cause significant financial losses due to lost production and cause more leaks due to thermal and pressure cycling. Furmanite Leak Sealing services allow repairs to be made without interruption to normal plant operation. No down time, no production losses, a temporary repair, effective until the next scheduled or convenient shutdown / turnaround.
Leak Sealing is a potentially hazardous activity.
- Leak Sealing involves working on live pressurized plant that may contain hot, flammable, explosive and/or toxic fluids
- Leak Sealing also involves working on pressurized plant that is known to be defective in some way
- The nature and the extent of the defects are not always be known
- A cautious and conservative approach is required when assessing the potential hazards and the methods to be employed to mitigate those hazards
- When considering a leak sealing applications, all the “what if…” questions need to be asked and answered
- Where reasonable doubt exists, the worst case must be assumed
Flange Fastener Integrity
Factors associated with flange injection and fasteners
- Injection of compound into the flange void places some additional loads on the flange studs
- Injection Procedures minimize the additional loads
- Vessel and piping codes use large safety factors for the determination of stud bolt size and numbers
- ASME VIII Division 1 and ASME B31.3 uses a design stress based on the lower of 1/4 of specified minimum yield stress and 1/5 of specified minimum tensile strength*
- Provided that the studs and nuts are in sound condition, a significant overload can be tolerated without risk of failure
- The condition of the flange studs is critical – especially for re-injection
* These criteria apply to the most common high tensile heat treated bolting material grades such as B7, L7 etc.
On-Line Leak Repair & Sealing
Industrial Leak Repair – Taking the Pressure off You
Pioneering leak-sealing technology and unrivaled on-site service. It’s this unique combination that gives Furmanite the edge and enables you to partner with ‘The Standard’ in leak sealing.
Since 1929, we’ve created groundbreaking and patented industrial leak sealing technology; and we consistently provide these solutions with the highest level of service to customers around the world. We have millions of leak sealing man-hours under our belts and extensive engineering field support facilities with written procedures that conform to all international quality standards. Because of that truly unique expertise, Furmanite has long been the world’s preferred engineering support partner for sealing every type of leak in every industry sector.
Keeping Assets Earning
The priority for every industrial plant is to stay on-line. At Furmanite we help maximize up-time by sealing leaks on-line, on-site and under pressure. This means you keep producing the ‘product’ while we solve your leak problems. You save time, energy and – most importantly – you save money. All this, while simultaneously reducing noise and emission levels, erosion damage, as well as improving plant safety.
On-site Specialists – Whatever the Process or Problem, We can Help
Whether it’s steam, hydrocarbons or gas – including over 300 types of chemical – at temperatures ranging from sub-zero to 1112°F (600°C), and at pressures up to 5,076 psi (350 bar g), Furmanite offers a leak-sealing solution. From low cost banding or peened wire for narrow gap flanges and bonnets to solutions based on ring clamps or engineered enclosures, we’ll offer up the most effective and cost-efficient solution. And if there isn’t an immediate solution, we’ll create one. In fact, almost every leak sealing technique used today was first developed by Furmanite.
Working for a Better Environment
At Furmanite, we take our commitment to protect the environment as seriously and our commitment to the customer:
- Our solutions maintain the integrity of your process systems.
- Keeping systems on-line reduce the amount of potentially harmful and polluting fugitive emissions released into the atmosphere.
- Our goal is to extend the life of your plant components. ‘Repair rather than replace’ enables you to avoid the unnecessary re-manufacturing and replacement of equipment