Innovation must produce practical advantages in the field. This is particularly true for our Self-Sealing Repair Clamps. FurmaSeal clamps are precision machined to ensure full width face-to-face contact, which together with near-tangential bolting virtually eliminates bending throughout the structure and minimizes distortion in the seal contact zone.
The Self-Sealing clamp design is backed-up using the latest computer aided engineering tools including Finite Element Analysis. All standard Furmanite Self-Sealing Repair Clamps are designed for API nominal sized pipes. If the subject pipe is severely undersized, oversized, out of round, or if the surface is damaged, the sealing ability of the clamp may be reduced or eliminated. We strongly recommend that all pipes are measured and gauged prior to final design.
- Elastomeric seals
- Clamps can be provided for very high pressures
- Standard clamps are available for 1000 psi and full “Class 600” (102 bar, 1480 psi)
- Maximum rated temperature depends upon the seal material
- The clamps are designed to allow for the manufacturing tolerances of line pipe
- The pipe surface must be clean and free from significant corrosion at the point where seals contact the pipe
- FurmaSeal clamps are fitted with ports for testing and to enable the annulus inside the clamp to be filled with grout or resin if desired
- The clamps are generally proof tested to a pressure of 1.5 x maximum working pressure, prior to delivery from the factory