Why Perform a valve Insertion?
When valves are needed in your piping system, and interrupting flow and service is undesirable, Valve Insertions could be your answer. Furmanite offers direct Valve Insertions into free flowing water distribution systems in sizes from 4” – 12”.
The insertion valve is safe and simple install valve that meets AWWA standards for a permanent Valve installation.
The Insertion Valve requires only one excavation and once the hole is dug and main is cleaned, the installation process generally takes from 2-4 hours.
With a Valve Insertion, you get the benefit of a new means of isolation on your system while AVOIDING the following:
- Loss of critical service to hospitals, hotels, restaurants, commercial business zones, or densely populated areas
- Loss of Fire Protection and possible liability
- Difficulties in Locating operational buried valves
- Potential Backflow Problems
- Possible System Contamination – chlorinating and boil orders!
- Bad Press. It is never a good idea to shut down water service when other options are available.