Experts in Critical Pipe “No-Shutdown” Hot Tap / Line Stop field services
Typical work in commercial buildings pose unique challenges which are not common in other industries we serve. For this reason, we have developed custom, low profile machinery that are powered by alternate sources. This means easier transportation of equipment to upper levels of buildings, or having large hot tap machines capable of fitting into tight quarters. Each job is analyzed on a case by case basis by an experienced project engineer who will assess your Hot Tap or Line Stop needs and properly select the appropriate methods and machinery to make your work accomplished in the most professional manner possible. Furmanite will adhere to all piping codes and standards for all hot tap and line stop work, ensuring that pipe system integrity and a safe work environment is our top priority.
Whether performing hot taps for chiller tie-ins, line stops to make piping modifications where valves don’t exist or are found to be inoperable, to more complex operations such as temporary bypassing pipes so critical flow can be maintained, we can assist you in your project planning and implementation. Keeping your piping systems flowing and helping you avoid a system shutdown or drain down is our specialty.
- Hot Taps from 1/2″ to 72″
- Hot Tap Presssures Standard to 1480 PSIG
- Custom Design Hot Tap Machinery for Tight Clearance
- Large Diameter, lighter weight hot tap machines for transportation in freight elevators
- Large Hot Tap Capabilities, powered by alternate power sources. Electric Powered Hydraulic Units. Electric Motors capable of making large Hot Taps.