The Need for Pre-Weld Heat Treatment
Fumanite’s state of the art technology controls the heat up and in so doing;
- Reduces the levels of thermal stress.
- Provides compensation for high heat losses.
- Minimizes the rate of weld hardening.
- Reduced porosity in the weld.
- Reduced hydrogen cracking.
- Improved micro structure of heat affected zone (HAZ).
The need for controlled post weld heat treatment (PWHT)
- Relaxes residual stress
- Relaxes thermal stress
- Tempers the metal
- Removes diffusible hydrogen
- Improves metallurgical structure
- Enhances strength and life of the material