United Kingdom Manufacturing Capabilities
TeamFurmanite operates three in-house locations with manufacturing capabilities. These are located in Carlisle (Cumbria), Wilton (Teesside) and Grimsby (North East Lincolnshire).
These facilities have been manufacturing, assembling and supplying equipment for internal and third party use for more than forty years. Carlisle designs and manufactures clamps, precision equipment and parts for customers worldwide that are frequently unrelated to TeamFurmanite’s other products and services offering. With OEM revenue exceeding multi-millions annually, the facility has become known as stand-alone manufacturing resource in its own right for the nuclear industry.
With established Quality Management Systems accredited to BS EN ISO 9001:2008 and fully conversant with Sellafield Contract Quality Requirements SLM 4.06.02, Carisle is established as a Sellafield Tier 2 supplier and has a framework agreement in place for the supply of Machined and Fabricated Spares. Carbon and Stainless Steel Welding Qualifications carried out to BS EN ISO 15614 and ASME IX standards and Weld Inspection and a variety of Non-destruction testing is performed on-site by certified on-staff inspectors.
Wilton and Grimsby are accredited to BS EN ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001. Both are fully equipped machining and fabrication workshops that offer a wide range of manufacturing, welding and inspection services. Capabilities range from manufacture based on design drawings to reverse engineering replacement components where spares are not available.
All the facilities operate with:
- Double day shifts with additional personnel on stand-by for weekend production and emergency needs, ensuring a manufacturing response 24/7/365
- Comprehensive Inventory stock on-site including Carbon and Stainless Steel grades in Round, Square, Tubular and Plate
- Dedicated office space and test areas for Sellafield Representatives
- Technical and Project Engineering support
- Independent Material Inventory Control personnel
- An Independent Quality Control Department
- Experienced personnel with knowledge of Sellafield Contract Quality Requirements, Flow down Terms and Security Arrangements for Documentation, Information and Records
- Proven Expertise in innovation and value engineering
- Engineering and Design support provided from Furmanite Kendal office
The sites are equipped with a comprehensive range of traditional manual machine tools and CNC machine tools and related equipment:
- Turning – Up to 1 Metre Diameter x 6 Metre Long
- Milling – Up to 5 Metre x 1.5 Metre x 1 Metre Volume
- Horizontal Boring 1.5 Metre x 1.5 Metre x 1 Metre Volume
- Vertical Boring up to 2 Metre Diameter x 1.2 Metre Long
- Surface and Cylindrical Grinding
- Sawing up to 5 Metre length and 0.5 Metre diameter
- EDM ‘Spark Erosion’ Machine
- Radial and Pedestal Drilling
- Slotting and Honing
- CNC Bed Mills
- CNC Mill/Turn and Turning Centers
- CNC Vertical Machining Centres